About the Program
The intent of the Environmental and Energy Policy program of Michigan Technological University is to provide students skills and knowledge necessary in solving present and future environmental and energy challenges, regardless of the specific organization with which they become involved—whether it is a non-governmental agency (NGO), a business that needs to manage its environmental uses, a consulting firm, or a local, state, or federal agency—our faculty prepare graduate students like no other.
In coursework, students develop an understanding of:
- The existing policy framework that governs social relationships to the environment, including policies that influence energy choices and the use of natural resources;
- How and why an existing policy, legal, and regulatory framework has come to be structured in its current form;
- Methods for analyzing policy choices and for facilitating decision-making processes involving a range of participants including the general public;
- The sociopolitical facets of environmental and energy policy issues.
- In addition, students complete a research project allowing them to investigate a specific topic in detail.
- Agent Based Modeling
- Environmental and Natural Resources Policy
- Public Sector Management
- Water Policy, History, and Governance
- Environmental Policy Analysis
- Memory and Heritage
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Sciences View 651 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Résumé / Curriculum vitae
- Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Writing Sample
- Prerequisites: Environmental Sciences, Microeconomics, and Statistics
- GRE not required
- TOEFL: Recommended Score of at least 100 iBT
- IELTS: Recommended Overall Band Score of at least 7.0
- Michigan Tech requires a minimum 79 overall TOEFL or 6.5 overall IELTS score.
International22458 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22458 USD per year during 12 months.
National22458 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22458 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houghton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.