You will be equipped with specialist and in-depth understanding of entrepreneurship and innovation together with practical skills, enhancing your employability.
The Entrepreneurship and Innovation with a Year in Business course from Royal Holloway University of London draws upon the highest level of theory and practice in this field and builds on the extensive research and teaching expertise of academics within the School of Management. The content of this course is continually updated to reflect contemporary issues and areas of interest, such as family business management, entrepreneurship and consultancy, and social entrepreneurship.
By choosing to spend a year in business you will also be able to integrate theory and practice and gain real business experience. We provide a learning environment where students can use their experience of organisations to engage with and challenge both the theoretical and case materials and work together on new intellectual and management problems.
On graduating you will have a critical understanding of entrepreneurship and innovation research, an appreciation of the impact of entrepreneurship and innovation and the processes and practices at every level. You will look at venture creation, innovation, consultancy, financial planning, entrepreneurial marketing, social entrepreneurship and family business management.
The course is enriched with the knowledge and expertise shared by our visiting speakers which include entrepreneurs running successful and in many cases, highly innovative business.
On graduating with a Masters degree Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Royal Holloway you will be highly employable and have a variety of career paths available, including: product development/research, business planning, growth and operations/strategic management in existing businesses, creating new businesses, providing business support and advice or specialising in entrepreneurship policy, research and education.
By spending a year in business you will have the experience that employees value, as well as having created valuable business connections. You will also have a solid foundation to continue PhD studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Venture Creation and Financial Planning
- Entrepreneurship and Consultancy
- Entrepreneurial Marketing
- Dissertation Preparation and Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no deadlines for postgraduate applications, but popular degrees become full quickly.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Entrepreneurship Innovation Management View 735 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
This course is appropriate for:
- students from a management background or from other disciplines – the arts and social sciences (e.g. psychology, sociology and economics), as well as science and engineering.
- mature students with a good first degree and work experience.
- those who have studied alternative disciplines to management or business should take the ‘Foundations of Modern Management’ unit during Induction.
- Week to obtain the background knowledge required for this course.
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
National13300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13300 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU students tuition fee per year: £21,500
- Royal Holloway Principal's Masters scholarship
- Bedford Society scholarship
- RHBNC Trust scholarship
- American Foundation of RHBNC International Excellence scholarship
- Brian Harris scholarship
- Royal Holloway is committed to supporting and developing the next generation of researchers. We recognise funding is often an obstacle for talented students, so we offer a variety of funding packages which include studentships funded by the College, the Research Councils and external partners.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.