At Columbia University, the Financial Engineering Program provides full-time training in the application of engineering methodologies and quantitative methods in finance.
It is designed for students who wish to work in industries such as securities, banking, and financial management and consulting, or general manufacturing and service firms.
- MSFE students will have the support of the IEOR Career Team to determine the best way to apply their quantitative skills to industry. Whether you are coming directly from undergrad or have 10+ years of experience, we will work with you to translate your interests and strengths into a rewarding next step.
- The world of quantitative finance has changed dramatically over recent years, and we strive to stay at the forefront of new growth and trends. The IEOR Career Team sources internships and jobs that align with the curriculum and organizes weekly employer events in the department or at the employer’s location in New York City.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Quantitative and Computational Bootcamp
- Optimization Models and Methods
- Stochastic Models
- Foundations of Financial Engineering
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Financial Engineering: Continuous Time Models
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Computer Sciences View 1056 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Official transcript copies from every post-secondary institution attended
- Three recommendation letters
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test Scores
- Personal statement
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Publications (optional)
- An interview may be requested
- $85 non-refundable application fee
International50496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25248 USD per semester during 12 months.
National50496 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25248 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.