Students in the International Affairs program from Columbia University pursue a customizable core curriculum, including a wide range of courses on international politics and political economy.
Students also choose from a broad range of majors: International Security Policy, International Finance and Economic Policy, Economic and Political Development, Human Rights and Humanitarian Policy, Energy and Environment, and Urban and Social Policy.
Graduates join a dynamic network of MIA alumni in leading organizations in the public, private and nonprofit sectors around the world.
- MIA graduates work around the world in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
- Recent employers include the United Nations, U.S. Departments of State and Defense, foreign ministries abroad, Deutsche Bank, McKinsey & Company, the International Rescue Committee, and many others.
- Conceptual Foundations of International Politics
- Analysis of Public Sector Organizations
- Effective Management in the Public Service
- Strategic Management of Nonprofit Organizations
- Strategic and Entrepreneurial Management
- Sustainability Management
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Business View 386 other Masters in International Business in United States
- Essay questions (Personal Statement, Short Essay, and/or Optional Essay)
- Video Essay
- Professional Resume/CV
- Quantitative & Language Resume/CV
- Letters of Recommendation (2 required and 1 optional for all programs; MPA-ESP requires 3 letters)
- Academic Transcripts (undergraduate and beyond)
- TOEFL/IELTS (international students only). Required if your native language is not English or if your undergraduate degree was not taught in English.
- Cambridge English
- Duolingo English
- Optional Fellowship Essays (Essay prompts vary per program, but all applicants are eligible for select fellowships if they apply by their respective fellowship deadlines)
- $95.00 USD non-refundable Application Fee
International35993 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62988 USD for the full programme during 21 months.
National35993 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62988 USD for the full programme during 21 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.