The Public Health Core Concepts courses required for the certificate are the same ones required in the core concept areas for the Master of Public Health (MPH) degree program currently offered at Kansas State University. These five areas meet the Council of Education for Public Health (CEPH) program accreditation standards.
The following are the basic or core competencies in each of the five discipline areas:
- Biostatistics: collection, storage, retrieval, analysis, and interpretation of health data; design and analysis of health-related surveys and experiments; and concepts and practice of statistical data analysis.
- Epidemiology: distributions and determinants of disease, disabilities, and death in human populations; the characteristics and dynamics of human populations; and the natural history of disease and the biologic basis of health.
- Environmental Health Sciences: environmental factors including, biological, physical, and chemical factors that affect the health of a community.
- Health Services Administration: planning, organization, administration, management, evaluation, and policy analysis of health programs.
- Social and Behavioral Sciences: concepts and methods of social and behavioral sciences relevant to the identification and the solution of public health problems.
- Environmental Health
- Administration of Health Care Organizations
- Social and Behavioral Bases of Public Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management View 1585 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All international students admitted to the Graduate School must demonstrate the same level of achievement as U.S. students. That is, they must hold a degree from an established institution comparable to a college or university in the United States, have an outstanding undergraduate record, have the demonstrated ability to do graduate work, and provide evidence of language proficiency sufficient for the pursuit of a graduate degree. Admission may be denied to students from technical schools, which may provide excellent training in special areas, but do not offer degrees equivalent to those of colleges and universities. As a rule, students from abroad are not admitted to nondegree status (that is, as special students). Questions about the qualifications of international students should be directed to the Graduate School.
International14385 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 959 USD per credit during 12 months.
National14385 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 959 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State6420 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 428 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.