Master's programs are offered in four broad areas:
- animal learning/physiological psychology (with concentrations in animal learning/behavior or physiological psychology/behavioral neuroscience)
- cognitive and human factors psychology (with concentrations in psycholinguistics, judgment and decision making, human factors/engineering psychology, or sensation and perception)
- social-personality (with concentrations in social, personality, or developmental psychology)
- industrial/ organizational (with concentrations in human-resources/personnel issues and procedures, organizational behavior and theory).
At the master's level, students may specialize in any of the traditional areas. The first year of the Master's program is spent primarily in basic courses. Graduate Psychology students at Kansas State University will also complete a first-year research project (see below). During the second year, students begin to satisfy related requirements, complete work on their master's thesis, and begin to develop a major area of professional interest.
- Graduate students will complete a first-year research project that is designed in consultation with their major adviser. This research endeavor is intended to reflect the importance of establishing a productive research component of an individual’s graduate program. Early in the second year, students will present their first-year project to the department in a format similar to a national meeting of a scientific society.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Linguistics View 1226 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- All international students admitted to the Graduate School must demonstrate the same level of achievement as U.S. students. That is, they must hold a degree from an established institution comparable to a college or university in the United States, have an outstanding undergraduate record, have the demonstrated ability to do graduate work, and provide evidence of language proficiency sufficient for the pursuit of a graduate degree.
- Admission may be denied to students from technical schools, which may provide excellent training in special areas, but do not offer degrees equivalent to those of colleges and universities. As a rule, students from abroad are not admitted to nondegree status (that is, as special students). Questions about the qualifications of international students should be directed to the Graduate School.
International21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 24 months.
National21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State11856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11856 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.