Transformative Education from Miami University is framed around the economic, political and social contexts of schools and communities, and how these shape the abilities of educators and community members to enact change.
The program emphasizes the development of key skills for transforming classrooms and schools, including an emphasis on curricular innovation, data informed-decision making, and educational leadership. Particular attention is paid to addressing issues of equity within education and developing leadership skills for improving instruction and student achievement.
This degree program does not include educational licensure, although state licensure, endorsement or university certification programs may be incorporated into the program’s concentration hours. Admitted students are not required to have an educational or teacher’s license.
Graduates with Transformative Education from Miami University will be able to:
- develop theories and practices of educational leadership and advocacy to promote transformative outcomes for students in K-12 schools, non-profits, and other education-related settings.
- develop theories and practices of curricular innovation to promote engaging, challenging, and developmentally appropriate learning environments for children and youth.
- evaluate theories and practices of multicultural education to apply to leadership, advocacy, and curriculum strategies to ensure that diverse learners and families can thrive in educational environments.
- conceptualize, construct, and interpret action research projects that enable practitioners to conduct research on their own practice and contexts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Leadership Theory
- Curriculum Innovation and Transformation through Understanding and Design
- Data-Informed Decision Making in Education
- Action Research for Educators
- Curriculum & Cultural Studies
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) endorsement
- Assessment and Evaluation Certificate
- Reading Endorsement
- Social Justice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Students may apply at any time and begin to take courses upon acceptance. Note that you must apply at least 4 weeks prior to the term that you wish to begin.
DisciplinesEducation View 3558 other Masters in Education in United States
- Apply online
- Names and contact information for two letters of reference from anyone with whom you have worked
- Submit an essay statement that discusses your interests and goals as related to the Transformative Education degree (we recommend this essay be no more than 1000 words).
- Submit up-to-date curriculum vitae or resume.
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale from an accredited college or university.
International12308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6154 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National12308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6154 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.