Interior Architecture and Product Design students from Kansas State University will focus on ergonomics, human factors, manufacturing processes, product semantics and design theory.
Throughout the curriculum there will be a series of workshop courses to expose students to furniture design and fabrication skills. This degree will also have built into the curriculum field trips to major metropolitans, study abroad experiences and internship opportunities.
This is a hands-on degree where students are given a balance of design theory, the hard science of manufacturing and the art of craft. This degree will also provide students with three courses toward an entrepreneurship minor. With just two more courses students can opt to receive their minor in entrepreneurship with their general electives.
Housed within the College of Architecture, Planning and Design and in the department of Interior Architecture and Product Design this degree will leverage a wide variety of expertise in designing products for the built environment.
The building in Seaton and Regnier Hall boast large well-appointed design labs.
The University also has a 20,000 square feet state of the art Fabrication Lab allowing our students to create products as small as a flash drive to as large as the interior cabin of a helicopter.
The faculty care deeply about teaching students how to innovate for the future needs of the consumer, while still maintaining practices that are sustainable and responsible for our environment.
The Master of Industrial Design is a 170 credit hour degree which will give students a full spectrum of exposure to industry partnerships, study abroad and internship experiences. The students learn to not only dream up what is next to come tomorrow but learn how to execute that dream today.
- Expository Writing
- Environmental Design Studio
- History of the Designed Environment
- Descriptive Physics
- IAPD Design Studio
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Interior Design View 108 other Masters in Interior Design in United States
- All international students admitted to the Graduate School must demonstrate the same level of achievement as U.S. students. That is, they must hold a degree from an established institution comparable to a college or university in the United States, have an outstanding undergraduate record, have the demonstrated ability to do graduate work, and provide evidence of language proficiency sufficient for the pursuit of a graduate degree.
- Admission may be denied to students from technical schools, which may provide excellent training in special areas, but do not offer degrees equivalent to those of colleges and universities. As a rule, students from abroad are not admitted to nondegree status (that is, as special students). Questions about the qualifications of international students should be directed to the Graduate School.
International21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 12 months.
National21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11856 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.