Students in the Electronic Commerce programme at City University of Hong Kong will gain knowledge and skills in core business and technical related subjects, together with an in-depth understanding of the specific managerial, regulatory, and technical issues involved in the exploitation of eCommerce. Students will also acquire the necessary knowledge and skill to analyze, plan, design, develop, and maintain eCommerce systems.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates should have attained skills and competencies in the following areas:
- understanding of the technologies underpinning the implementation of e-Commerce systems;
- ability to help evaluate and develop electronic commerce opportunities for business;
- competence in evaluating and using software and security methodologies and tools in support of electronic commerce operations;
- knowledge and skills to construct a variety of electronic commerce systems in support of service and business goals;
- skills in the use of software technology to support accounting, marketing and analysis of electronic commerce operations; and
- understanding of the legal environment surrounding e-Commerce, as well as changes in traditional marketing brought about by e-Commerce.
- Computer Networks and Internets
- Internet Application Development
- Information Security for e-Commerce
- Introduction to e-Commerce
- e-Commerce Project
- e-Business System Integration
- Analysis and Design of e-Commerce Systems
- e-Commerce Business Strategies and Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Supply Chain Management & Logistics View 18 other Masters in Economics in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy the General Entrance Requirements and have:
- a recognised bachelor's degree in a Computing discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology); or
- a recognised bachelor's degree in a related discipline (e.g., Electronic Engineering, Economics and Finance, Applied Mathematics, Manufacturing Engineering, Business Information Technology) preferably with applicable IT experience; or
- have obtained a good alternative qualification with substantial IT professional experience acceptable to the University; and
- sufficient command of the English language.
International22077 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 669 USD per credit during 12 months.
National22077 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 669 USD per credit during 12 months.
- HK$5,200 per credit
Living costs for Hong Kong
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.