About the Program
The 9 month Engineering program of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), with opportunities for individualized tracks in CEE – prepares our graduates for addressing significant challenges in the domains of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
Within the Environmental Engineering Science track of the MEng degree program, students pursue classes and research in their areas of interest, including hydrology, environmental chemistry, ecology, and environmental fluid mechanics.
Within the Structural Mechanics and Design track of the MEng degree program, students pursue curriculum and research in areas including structural engineering mechanics, computational design and optimization, and collaborative workflows at the interface of engineering and architecture.
For current MIT students, the program is a natural extension of the Institute’s 4 year Bachelor of Science degree for students to gain practical experiences and prepare for emerging fields in today’s job market.
- Four graduate subjects offered by the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, totaling at least 48 units
- Within the Structural Mechanics and Design track, two of the four CEE subjects must include 1.562 Structural Design Project I (Fall) and 1.563 Structural Design Project II (Spring)
- Two elective subjects, possibly offered by other MIT departments, totaling at least 18 units
- MEng Thesis, equivalent to 24 units
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 344 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Objectives
- CV or résumé
- One electronic copy of transcript(s) from all universities you have attended. We don’t require official transcripts until after a student has been admitted to the department.
- An English language exam (IELTS or TOEFL) score for international students for whom English is not their native language
- Three letters of recommendation
- Electronic payment of the application fee
- Abstracts of published articles or conference presentations (optional)
International53450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53450 USD per year during 36 months.
National53450 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53450 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.