Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Program at Johns Hopkins University
Meet workforce demands with knowledge from Johns Hopkins Engineering’s challenging courses and a modern curriculum covering a broad range of topics in chemical and biomolecular engineering. From biotechnology to nanotechnology and the environment, studies in this master’s degree program will prepare you for leadership positions in multiple industries, including biopharma, energy, electronics, and green manufacturing for fuels and chemicals. Faculty are accomplished researchers, scientists, and practitioners. As a graduate, you will be well prepared to:
- Apply chemical engineering knowledge to solve pharmaceutical process problems, including understanding the constraints in regulatory requirements that affect drug development.
- Solve open-ended complex engineering problems in colloid and interfacial science.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using mathematical tools and formalism to problem solve.
- Take on advanced roles and progress as a leader in the field.
Master’s Degree Focus Areas
A focus area can be selected but is not required.
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Kinetic Processes
- Transport Phenomena
- Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
- Metabolic Systems Biotechnology
- Interfacial Science with Applications to Nanoscale Systems
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Our rolling admissions process allows you to apply to any of our online, part-time programs at any time throughout the year.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Chemical Engineering View 352 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
- Applicants must be in the last semester of undergraduate study or hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or have earned graduate degrees in technical disciplines.
- Applicants typically have earned a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (B or above) in the latter half of their undergraduate studies. .
- Official transcripts from all college studies
- Completed and submitted online application form
- Proof of proficiency in English via the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
International9510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47550 USD for the full programme during 60 months.
National9510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47550 USD for the full programme during 60 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.