Students in this Geography and Environmental Engineering program from Johns Hopkins University have the option to complete an independent research project, submitted as a formal essay. A minimum of two semesters is required to complete the MS degree without the research project option. Three to four semesters are typically required to complete the degree with a research project.
MS students are strongly recommended to take the following as prerequisites for the MS program: Mathematics through Differential Equations and Computing Skills. Additionally, MS students who choose to follow Contaminate Fate and Transport, Environmental Process Engineering and Water Resources Engineering concentrations are encouraged to take an introductory fluid mechanics course. Whether introductory fluid mechanics will count towards an MS student’s graduation credits is decided on a case-by-case basis by the Department. Each individual’s program of study is planned by the student in consultation with department faculty and must be approved by the faculty adviser.
- Physical and Chemical Processes
- Biological Process of Wastewater Treatment
- Engineering Microbiology
- Environmental Organic Chemistry
- Aquatic and Biofluid Chemistry
- Hazardous Waste Engineering and Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 194 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
- Online application
- Official transcripts from EVERY college-level institution you attended (academic records from institutions outside the U.S. must undergo a credentials evaluation).
- Standardized test score (Please review for Covid-19 Pandemic related policies)
- English proficiency test score (TOEFL or IELTS), if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
International58720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58720 USD per year during 12 months.
National58720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58720 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.