The Johns Hopkins University's Computer Science program offers students the most cutting-edge knowledge delivered in state-of-the-art facilities or online. Computer professionals, scientists, and engineers benefit from a full range of instruction and skills building in a variety of areas including theory, analysis, design, and implementation of information systems.
Upon completing the degree program, students will:
- Demonstrate mastery of the mathematical tools and methods used in analyzing the performance and efficiency of computer algorithms.
- Have the ability to determine the correctness of deterministic and non-deterministic algorithms.
- Demonstrate mastery of several important data structures useful in scientific programming and sorting/searching (Red-Black trees, B-Trees, Fibonacci Heaps, Disjoint Sets) and their associated creation and maintenance algorithms.
- Demonstrate mastery of several important graphs, algorithms, and their associated creation, maintenance, and application strategies.
- Demonstrate mastery of several important data structures useful in string search and their associated creation, maintenance, and application algorithms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Python
- Intro to programming in java
- Data structures
- Discrete Mathematics
- Computer Organization
- Molecular Biology for Computer Scientists
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Our rolling admissions process allows you to apply to any of our part-time programs at any time.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 795 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Applicants must be in the last semester of undergraduate study or hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or have earned graduate degrees in technical disciplines.
- Applicants typically have earned a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (B or above) in the latter half of their undergraduate studies.
- Official transcripts from all college studies
- Completed and submitted online application form
- Proof of proficiency in English via the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
International4595 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4595 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
National4595 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4595 USD per credit and a duration of 60 months.
- Fee is per three credits
The principal criteria for financial aid are academic credentials, language and communication skills, and teaching performance and experience. Financial need is generally not considered, except in the awarding of tuition waivers. For incoming students, the academic credentials evaluation is based on grades, recommendation letters, mathematical background, GRE scores, and TOEFL/IELTS scores. For continuing students, progress in the academic program (grades, requirements satisfied, and research progress) is considered also.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.