Studying the Master of Chemical Sciences offered at La Trobe University you'll learn:
- Complete core subjects in advanced chemistry including environmental, medicinal, organic, inorganic, polymer chemistry and more.
Chemical structure and characterisation
- Build on your understanding of techniques for the study of chemical compounds.
- Receive advanced training in spectroscopic methods such as NMR and UV-visible spectroscopy, separation science and chromatography.
Scientific communication skills
- Understand how to make your findings coherent and intelligible through report writing and data visualisation.
- Learn to access scientific information using scientific journals, databases and online resources.
Experts in chemical sciences are employed in a range of roles including:
- Industrial chemist
- Senior process engineer
- Senior analytical chemist
- Mentor and train staff.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Chemistry
- Chemical Structure and Characterisation
- Scientific Communication Skills
- Skills in Science
- Molecular Nanoscience
- Advanced Chemistry Laboratory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
La Trobe University assesses applications on a rolling basis which means you can apply for the next upcoming intake or available future intakes.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 31 other Masters in Chemistry in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 062473J
- Academic level
- Equivalent prerequisite qualifications
- Specialisations (Compulsory)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37800 AUD per year during 24 months.
National31400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31400 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.