The Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Swinburne University of Technology focuses on the specific needs of entrepreneurs seeking to successfully commercialise an idea and covers a broad range of knowledge areas. Students benefit from opportunities to work on projects that have direct relevance to their work.
The Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation aims to educate and develop entrepreneurial leaders and managers, providing them with the specialist skills needed to lead and manage the process of innovation, business startups, high growth and rapid change. Entrepreneurial management requires a high degree of knowledge in many areas through interdisciplinary teaching. The course is tailored for both those who want to create new enterprises and those who want to bring new attitudes and possibilities to existing ventures. The skills involved are common to all sizes of organisations, whether public sector, private sector to non-profit.
Graduates learn the skills to successfully start and/or develop new enterprises, and to enhance career development within organisations. Possible roles include entrepreneurs, team players, general managers and dynamic public servants.
Aims and objectives
At completion of the Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, graduates will be able to:
1. apply coherent and advanced knowledge of entrepreneurship and innovation concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking
2. apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
3. communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team, and use the basic tools and practices of entrepreneurship within project work
4. demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and an awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context
5. apply fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a business model using appropriate entrepreneurship and innovation methods and tools
6. reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes, and manage their own time and processes effectively by regularly reviewing performance as a means of managing continuing professional development and lifelong learning
7. apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of research with some independence as preparation for research higher degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Opportunity Discovery, Creativity and Design
- Project Management in Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Entrepreneurial Intention, New Venture and Innovation
- Venture Planning
- Growth Management
- Venture in Action
- Innovation Discovery and Technology Transfer
- New Entrepreneurial Markets
- Creating and Delivering Value - Invention and Fieldwork
- Accounting Information and Managerial Decision Making
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Innovation Management View 34 other Masters in Innovation Management in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code 092712F
- A recognised bachelor degree in a related discipline or
- A recognised bachelor degree in any discipline PLUS a minimum of two years equivalent full-time relevant professional experience* or
- Masters Qualifying Program is available to International applicants or
- Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
International39680 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39680 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National32480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32480 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.