The Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Swinburne University of Technology focuses on the specific needs of entrepreneurs seeking to successfully commercialise an idea and covers a broad range of knowledge areas. Students benefit from opportunities to work on projects that have direct relevance to their work.
The Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation aims to educate and develop entrepreneurial leaders and managers, providing them with the specialist skills needed to lead and manage the process of innovation, business startups, high growth and rapid change. Entrepreneurial management requires a high degree of knowledge in many areas through interdisciplinary teaching. The course is tailored for both those who want to create new enterprises and those who want to bring new attitudes and possibilities to existing ventures. The skills involved are common to all sizes of organisations, whether public sector, private sector to non-profit.
Graduates learn the skills to successfully start and/or develop new enterprises, and to enhance career development within organisations. Possible roles include entrepreneurs, team players, general managers and dynamic public servants.
At completion of the Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, graduates will be able to:
1. apply coherent and advanced knowledge of entrepreneurship and innovation concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking
2. apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
3. communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team, and use the basic tools and practices of entrepreneurship within project work
4. demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and an awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context
5. apply fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a business model using appropriate entrepreneurship and innovation methods and tools
6. reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes, and manage their own time and processes effectively by regularly reviewing performance as a means of managing continuing professional development and lifelong learning
7. apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of research with some independence as preparation for research higher degrees.
You can apply until:
You can apply until:
Always verify the dates on the programme website. programme website.
You can choose to do this programme part-time or full-time.Full-time
Part-time available for domestic students
Minimum required score:
The IELTS – or the International English Language Test System – tests your English-language abilities (writing, listening, speaking, and reading) on a scale of 1.00–9.00. The minimum IELTS score requirement refers to which Overall Band Score you received, which is your combined average score. Read more about IELTS.Schedule IELTS
Minimum required score:
The TOEFL iBT ® measures your English-language abilities in an academic setting. The test has four sections (reading, listening, speaking, and writing), each with a score range of 0-30, for a total score range of 0-120. Read more about TOEFL iBT ®.Schedule TOEFL®
CRICOS code- 092712F
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Check the programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Together with the ISIC Association and British Council IELTS, Studyportals offers you the chance to receive up to £10000 to expand your horizon and study abroad. We want to ultimately encourage you to study abroad in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages.
Compare your wishlisted programmes with our new Comparison tool!
Did you know you can compare your wishlisted programmes with our new Comparison tool?