The Graduate Biochemistry Group administers granting of M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in biochemistry whether the research is conducted within the Department of Biochemistry or in other cooperating departments.
The Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics program from Kansas State University of study is flexible, accommodating students with a wide range of backgrounds, including genetics, microbiology, physics, and medicine as well as the traditional chemistry, biochemistry, and biology degrees.
The graduate program is structured to aid students in the successful completion of their graduate training in biochemistry by providing access to leading researchers in biochemistry and related fields, offering a core curriculum, seminars, and teaching and research opportunities.
Faculty and facilities
One of the unique features of the graduate program is the versatile collection of over two dozen faculty members formally associated with the Graduate Biochemistry Group. The faculty members are scientists from the Department of Biochemistry, the Division of Biology, the Departments of Grain Science and Industry, Chemistry, and Human Nutrition, and the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- The core curriculum is broad and students are expected to specialize through appropriate choice of advanced courses from the many offerings taught by faculty in their areas of research expertise. Students in either the M.S. or Ph.D. degree program take the two-semester, comprehensive, core biochemistry courses Biochemistry I and II and the associated laboratories, plus a one semester course in physical biochemistry.
Teaching and research
- The Graduate Biochemistry Group offers teaching and research opportunities to students. Graduate students teach a variety of courses and assist with labs in the Department of Biochemistry. Additionally, within their first year, graduate students meet with the Graduate Biochemistry Group faculty, discuss their research interests, and choose the faculty member they would like to have as their major professor.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 586 other Masters in Chemistry in United States
- Completed and submitted before January 8 for enrollment in the following fall semester. Requires application fee of $75 (online credit card payment available on the application website).
International21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 12 months.
National21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11856 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.