About this Degree
The Environmental Science program at Iowa State University has a curriculum that is designed to prepare students for positions of leadership in this rapidly changing discipline.
Environmental Science graduates have a solid foundation in biological and physical natural sciences and the specialized training necessary for integrated analysis of environmental systems.
Learning Goals that students in this program are expected to meet include:
- An ability to identify and develop research problems
- The capacity to think critically and solve problems
- An ability to provide a critical review of relevant literature/studies in environmental science that are central to their studies
- Proficiency in data analysis (e.g., data mining, data synthesis)
- An aptitude to quantitatively assess and interpret a wide-range of environmental data
- An ability to effectively communicate research problems and research findings in oral and written forms to both the scientific and lay communities
Iowa State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Watershed Hydrology
- Global Change
- Field Methods in Hydrogeology
- Applied Groundwater Flow Modeling
- Hydrologic Modeling and Analysis
- Environmental Biotechnology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Environmental Sciences View 404 other Masters in Natural Sciences in United States
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better
- Minimum GRE scores of 151 verbal, 149 quantitative, and 4.0 analytical writing
- Research readiness
- International applicants: An English proficiency score of 79-iBT, 550-PBT, 6.5-IELTS, or 53-PTE
Environmental Science is a direct-admit graduate program, where students are admitted into the lab of a major professor as well as into the ENSCI program. As such it is imperative that prospective students identify a potential professor before applying to the program. Applicants should review our faculty directory to identify research faculty working in areas that align with their interests and goals. Once relevant faculty members have been identified, applicants should contact those faculty directly to inquire about open graduate positions and funding opportunities for their planned term of entry.
International28544 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14272 USD per semester during 12 months.
National26776 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13388 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10572 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5286 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Ames
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.