The merchandising emphasis is part of the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (GPIDEA), an online multi-institutional program allowing students to do course work at times convenient to their lives.
Students choosing the Apparel and Textiles with specialization in Merchandising program from Kansas State University complete 36 credit hours of coursework including a culminating experience.
The sustainable fashion business emphasis is predominantly an on-campus program with opportunity for some online courses. Students are required to complete 24 credit hours of coursework and 6 credit hours of thesis research (30 credit hours total).
The sustainable fashion business emphasis is an individualized program of study, capitalizing on the interests and disciplinary background of students and faculty to build the theoretical and methodological skills necessary to solve human ecological problems involving fashion systems.
Graduates with a merchandising emphasis are prepared to work in product development, promotions and retail management.
For professionals in the industry who lack the theoretical background of merchandising, the expertise offered through this emphasis may provide for diversification or career advancements. Graduates with a sustainable fashion business emphasis are prepared for professional careers within industry, for college instructor positions, and for pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy degree.
- Professional Advancement in Merchandising
- Theory and Practice of Apparel/Textile Marketing and Distribution
- Promotional Strategies in Merchandising
- International Merchandise Management
- Financial Merchandising Implications
- Strategic Merchandising
- Strategic Economic Analysis of Apparel and Textile Industries
- Apparel and Textile Product Development
- Consumers in the Apparel and Textile Market
- Research Methods in Apparel and Textiles
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMarketing Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 8 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United States
- All international students admitted to the Graduate School must demonstrate the same level of achievement as U.S. students. That is, they must hold a degree from an established institution comparable to a college or university in the United States, have an outstanding undergraduate record, have the demonstrated ability to do graduate work, and provide evidence of language proficiency sufficient for the pursuit of a graduate degree.
- Admission may be denied to students from technical schools, which may provide excellent training in special areas, but do not offer degrees equivalent to those of colleges and universities. As a rule, students from abroad are not admitted to nondegree status (that is, as special students). Questions about the qualifications of international students should be directed to the Graduate School.
International21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 12 months.
National21524 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21524 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11856 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.