Through theoretical study and hands-on practice, you will gain an in-depth understanding of key aerospace disciplines covering aerodynamics, propulsion systems, and space mechanics. You’ll deepen your knowledge of aerospace structures, and the design and analysis of aerospace vehicles, and also acquire specialist knowledge on current aerospace engineering topics concerning flight safety, environmental impact, and fuel efficiency.
You’ll have access to a range of technical facilities including our aerospace/aviation laboratory, full-motion engineering flight simulator, supersonic and subsonic wind tunnels, materials and structure testing laboratory, anechoic chamber for aero-acoustic experiments, and 3D printing in the digital fabrication workshop. Industry standard specialist software for aircraft design is available for you to use 24 hours a day in high-performance computing clusters.
During your time on the Aerospace Engineering MSc degree at Brunel University London, you will benefit from guest lectures delivered by industry professionals who present a valuable insight into current, challenging topics in the field of aerospace. There are also planned visits to engineering and manufacturing companies where you’ll see first-hand the latest breakthroughs in development and technology for future aerospace systems. In addition, you have the advantage of Brunel’s close location to London’s Heathrow Airport for site visits as well as project and employment opportunities.
Careers and your future
There is significant and growing demand in the aerospace engineering industry for well-qualified, industry-ready engineers in the UK and other European countries.
There are roles available in a broad range of areas including strategic management, enterprise, research and innovation. The research areas of safety, security and sustainability are of particular importance to the future of the aerospace industry.
Brunel’s MSc aerospace engineering degree allows you to achieve the advanced skills required in the industry and our high-calibre graduates have gained employment at aircraft manufacturers including Rolls-Royce, Airbus, BAE Systems and GE Aviation.
- Design and Analysis of Aerospace Vehicles
- Advanced Aerodynamics, Propulsion Systems, and Space Mechanics
- Current Topics in Aerospace
- Strategic Management Innovation and Enterprise
- Research Methods and Sustainable Engineering
- Group Project in Aerospace Engineering
- Aircraft Structures, Loads and Aeroelasticity
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Automotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 93 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Brunel University London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in an engineering or technology subject. Other subjects in a related area, including but not limited to Physics ,and Mathematics, will be considered and assessed on an individual basis.
- Entry to this programme requires all students who are not nationals of the European Economic Area (EEA) and have temporary immigration permission to remain in the UK to obtain an ATAS certificate. If you are made an offer to join this course and you are not an EEA national, you will be required to obtain an ATAS certificate as a condition of your offer.
International20450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9935 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9935 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.