The Master of Environmental Engineering Management at the University of Technology Sydney deals with the broad aspects of environmental management relevant to practising professionals in engineering science, planning, architecture, law, surveying, health and building. Engineers, scientists, town planners and other professionals working in this field have a compelling duty to ensure that the adverse effects of development on the total environment are minimised.
The course combines a set of key subjects that contain information on the nature of environmental problems together with engineering techniques for their solution. This is supplemented by management and policy subjects to empower the engineer, or technical specialist, to lead multidisciplinary teams working in the field of environmental engineering and management.
The subjects offered in this course follow an integrated approach to professional practice through compulsory professional engineering subjects, compulsory subjects relevant to environmental engineering management major, an independent graduate project and a set of electives (any engineering or IT subject, some with prior approval).
The course aims to develop an awareness and understanding of the human impact on the environment with respect to waste minimisation and water quality management, and the professional skills required to work as part of an integrated team responsible for environmental planning and management.
This course is of relevance to practising professionals in architecture, building, engineering science, health, law, planning and surveying. Career options include positions in government agencies or private corporations, or as consultants.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Project Preparation
- Engineering Graduate Project
- Advanced Flow Modelling
- Advanced Robotics
- Advanced Routing Principles
- Advanced Soil Mechanics and Foundation Design
- Advanced Water and Wastewater Treatment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Engineering Management Environmental Management View 54 other Masters in Engineering Management in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- It is a requirement that the bachelor's degree be in engineering or the natural and physical sciences, with no more than 25 per cent of subjects failed.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International63144 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 877 AUD per credit during 12 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- Engineering (Management) Masters Scholarship for Outstanding International Students
- Engineering (Technical) Masters Scholarship for Outstanding International Students
- Engineering and IT Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Master of Professional Engineering Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.