The field of media is constantly shifting. In the last decade, the changes have been rapid, and a new media landscape has emerged. The field of media is constantly shifting. In the last decade, the changes have been rapid, and a new media landscape has emerged — forever reshaping not only consumers but also creators and distributors of media. Today's digital media are characterised by participation and cooperation; media are wholly collaborative in terms of both production and consumption, and this is what is meant by the term ‘collaborative media.
The two-year master’s programme in Media and Communication Studies: Culture, Collaborative Media, and Creative lndustries (Two Years) at Malmö University will equip you with advanced knowledge of digital media. The programme is oriented towards practical approaches to the field. You will work creatively and in an explorative way with different types of media while you learn to approach them from a critical perspective.
During the programme, you will develop three primary skill sets: the ability to analyse and strategically approach media and its impact on society; the capability to work with media and communication both methodologically and systematically; and the knowledge required to produce media texts, both individually and collaboratively. Compared to bachelor's level degrees, this advanced programme has a clear focus on the development of strategic expertise, a skill crucial for those intending to pursue a professional career in media and communication. During the education, you will furthermore obtain an in-depth knowledge of the workings of the creative industries.
The programme is developed alongside and conducted in collaboration with Media Evolution, a media cluster with over 350 member companies based in Malmö. This facilitates a crossover between the academic and professional worlds and allows students to develop skills in both areas throughout their studies. Throughout the duration of the programme, you will get the chance to meet a number of international guest lecturers from universities all across the world, further adding to the global relevance of the programme.
- Media and Communication Studies: Key Themes in Media and Communication Studies
- Media and Communication Studies: Understanding the Creative Industries
- Media and Communication Studies: Collaborative Media
- Media and Communication Studies: Research Methodology
- Media and Communication Studies: Master’s (One-Year) Thesis
- Internship - Reflecting on one's own practice
- Media and Communication Studies: Network Society Studies
- Media and Communication Studies: Visualizing and Prototyping the Media
- Media and Communication Studies: Making Use of the Media: Activism, Entrepreneurship and Strategy
- Media and Communication Studies: Master’s (Two-year) Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Media Studies & Mass Media Management of Creative Industries View 15 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree (180 credits) or equivalent in social sciences, humanities, arts or design studies.
- General eligibility + the equivalent of Swedish higher secondary school English course B.
- Letter of intent/Experience document 100%.
International13747 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27494 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Full tuition fee: 280,000 SEK
Living costs for Malmö
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.