With this in mind, the program includes subjects that seek to develop an understanding of event creation, planning, delivery, marketing and evaluation processes and practices for various forms of events in both the Australian and international contexts.
This course aims to produce graduates with professional competence in the specialist area of event management. In addition, high-level general management competencies needed to develop or manage complex organisations involved in the production of public, corporate or other event types are developed.
The Master of Event Management at the University of Technology Sydney has a strong focus on professional practice, including two innovative capstone subjects – Industry Research Capstone or Internship Experience Capstone – which allow students to work on or with contemporary industry issues and opportunities.
The course provides theories, models and practical case studies in order to understand the complex nature of the events industry.
Graduates of this program can pursue careers in such areas as festival management, conference and meeting management, sport event management, venue management, exhibition management, event marketing and sponsorship, corporate event management, event risk management, event theming and design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Business Literacies and the Future
- Event Management
- Event Evaluation, Impact and Legacies
- Event Creation Workshop
- Venue Management
- Fundraising and Revenue Streams for Events and Not-for-Profits
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Hospitality Management Event Management View 250 other Masters in Management Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
- The English proficiency requirement for international students or local applicants with international qualifications is: Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0; or TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21; or AE5: Pass; or PTE: 58-64; or CAE: 176-184.
- Visa requirement: To obtain a student visa to study in Australia, international students must enrol full time and on campus. Australian student visa regulations also require international students studying on student visas to complete the course within the standard full-time duration. Students can extend their courses only in exceptional circumstances.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35760 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 745 AUD per credit during 18 months.
- A small number of postgraduate courses offer government subsidised Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP).
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Australia Awards Scholarships (Australian Government Scholarships)
- Dr Chau Chak Wing Scholarship (KTP Master Degree)
- International Postgraduate Coursework Full Tuition Scholarship
- LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship
- Postgraduate Academic Excellence Scholarship
- South Asia Postgraduate Business Merit Scholarship
- South East Asia Postgraduate Business Merit Scholarship
- UTS 30th Anniversary Study Abroad Accommodation Scholarship
- UTS ATN-LATAM Scholarships
- UTS Grant for Masters by Coursework Students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.