In our Electrical and Computer Engineering program at McMaster University, in addition to seeking to enable students to enhance their knowledge and skills, we also seek to provide an environment that fosters creativity and research excellence on an international scale in a particular field of electrical and computer engineering, and inspires students to a career of contributions to our communities through leadership of advances in the state-of-the-art in their fields of interest.
Areas of Research
- Biomedical information technology
- Computer aided design
- Optimization and Simulation
- Computer Engineering
- Image Processing & Multimedia
- Microwaves and Photonics-Optoelectronics
- Candidates for the degrees of M.A.Sc., M.Eng. and Ph.D. must present a seminar on a topic approved by the Department at least once during the course of their programs. Grading will be restricted to Pass/Fail.
- The thesis or report submitted by the candidate must be defended orally at the conclusion of the study.
- All graduate students are required to register for ECE 790: Graduate Seminars in Electrical & Computer Engineering.
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
On-going basis, assessed for next academic session
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Computer Sciences View 128 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at McMaster University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5698 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2102 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Hamilton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.