The Health Care Management MHCM program offered at Murdoch University provides the hard and soft skills needed within a clinical context, including leadership and managerial skills, financial management in healthcare, policy and human factor considerations.
As part of the course you’ll undertake hands-on learning through project work, which focuses on an aspect learned within the course that can be applied to a clinical setting. This strong emphasis on professional practice is informed by research evidence, ensuring you have the concepts, insights and practical skills relevant to leading change and driving innovation in the healthcare sector.
As a graduate of this course you will fulfil industry demand for increased middle management skills. The delivery of high quality services is essential within the health industry, particularly in private and aged care sectors.
Careers could include:
- Accreditation Coordinator
- Quality and Risk Manager
- HR Projects Director
- Health Care Clinic Manager
- Clinical Nurse Manager.
- Safety and Quality in Health Care
- Bioethics and Law for Health Care Leadership
- Leadership in Health Care
- Health Policy in Australia and Beyond
- Human Factors: The Impact on Patient Safety
- Applied Health Services Project
- Reflective Practice in Health Management
- Managing in a Health Care Environment
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement Studies Public Health Health Administration View 127 other Masters in Health Administration in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 00125J
- Completion of a Bachelor degree (AQF Level 7) or equivalent in a health discipline. Preparation for the course through previous study or professional experiences will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- National Commonwealth supported
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.