This Renewable and Sustainable Energy course offers advanced training in the area of renewable and sustainable energy systems, sustainable energy policy, energy efficiency and carbon management.
The first year is the Graduate Diploma in Energy and Carbon Studies or the Graduate Diploma in Energy and the Environment. In the second year the students will complete a research dissertation, in the areas of renewable and sustainable energy or the areas of climate change mitigation and adaptation.
This qualification allows you to specialise in:
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Energy Efficiency
You will gain practical experience and learn from experts from the Murdoch University Energy Research and Innovation Group (MUERI), plus undertake a research dissertation in an area you're passionate about.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Energy Systems
- Energy Policy
- Energy in Society
- Energy Economics
- Energy Auditing and Management
- Climate Change Science and Policy
- Greenhouse Gas Reporting and Life Cycle Assessment
- Carbon Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
More informationGo to the programme website
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 29 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Australia
- Complete or incomplete official Academic Transcripts and Certificates of Completion – both original and English translated versions
- English Language Proficiency Document (if available)
- A recent Curriculum Vitae
International34027 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34027 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
At Murdoch, you pay for the individual units you enrol in, not an overall course fee. The total cost of your course will therefore vary depending on what units you choose. Use the university's Course Fee Calculator to estimate the amount you will need to pay.
- We understand you may need help financially whilst studying for your qualification. If you are from a developing country, you may be eligible for a Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship, designed to support sustainable energy and electricity development worldwide. The scholarship is valued up to $23,000 USD per year for two years. Applications are open 15 January – 9 March
- Our International Welcome Scholarship also offers eligible students between $8,000 and $11,000, depending on the course you study. Find out what other scholarships Murdoch has on offer, and whether you’re eligible to apply.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.