The Business Administration - Conflict Management and Resolution program from James Cook University is designed for students who intend to broaden their knowledge in business administration and management while becoming qualified in the areas of conflict management and resolution.
This course allows graduates to distinguish themselves to future employers with a dual Masters degree and is popular among progressive senior managers, middle managers and legal professionals who want to fast track their way towards more than one qualification.
The Master of Conflict Management and Resolution course is academically grounded and practice oriented. Our students develop the knowledge and skills to analyse, manage and resolve conflict in a wide variety of contexts. Graduates are prepared to work in professions that deal directly with conflict as well as in other professions that require conflict management skills.
The Master of Business Administration uses core knowledge from the academic disciplines of business, law, psychology, technology, social science and humanities to explore key areas confronting modern managers and organisations.
Joint degrees provide postgraduate students an opportunity to develop expertise in two complimentary disciplines and enhance career prospects whilst reducing the time to complete two Masters degrees.
The joint degree is designed for students seeking to deepen their understanding of business administration and management, whilst also acquiring theoretical knowledge and practical skills in conflict management and resolution.
The students come from a wide variety of backgrounds, including management, health, local government, law, emergency services, education, Defence and social work.
Many of the graduates find that developing advanced conflict management and resolution skills helps their career progression in their current employment, particularly in management roles. Graduates have successfully applied their knowledge and skills in a wide range of professions and industries.
These include health, local government, higher education, emergency services, primary and secondary schools, construction, logistics, law, Federal politics, Defence, social work and in general management settings; both in Australia and in other countries.
Graduates can also practice as mediators, conciliators, arbitrators and ombuds in private practice or with corporate or government organisations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The Changing Business Environment
- Economics for a Sustainable World
- Managing Strategic Resources and Operations
- Corporate Responsibility and Governance
- Marketing and Customer Engagement
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Leading and Managing Organisational Change
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Risk Management View 16 other Masters in Risk Management in Australia
CRICOS code: 069811F
- Completion of an AQF level 7 bachelor degree in a business or Human Services
- Cognate business disciplines: Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Management, Commerce, HRM, Economics, Tourism and Hospitality, or other disciplines where students will have completed study relating to organisational behaviour, business, strategy, marketing, economics, communication and people management.
- Cognate Human Services disciplines: Law, Business, Psychology, Social Work, Peace and Conflict Studies, Social Science, Education, Nursing, Communication or other disciplines where students will have completed study relating to human behaviour, communication and people
International32720 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32720 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National27320 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27320 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.