To focus their studies at the Illinois Institute of Technology, students choose from two of five concentrations: Service and Systems Innovation, Cross-Functional Collaboration, Business Management and Leadership, Social Systems, and Data and Design.
Program OverviewIIT Institute of Design’s Master of Design Methods program is for experienced professionals, both designers and non-designers, who need twenty-first century innovation skills to take their careers to the next level. Often students consider M.D.M. as a creative alternative to an M.B.A.
Career OpportunitiesEmployers come to campus in the fall and spring for recruitID, when students can interview for internship and career opportunities. Through regular careerID programming, students receive ongoing support and guidance on the hiring process and in planning their professional paths.ID alumni are leaders across the private and public sectors, serving at the director and executive level in roles like:
- UX designer
- Innovation consultant
- Design strategist
- Design researcher
- Interaction designer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
There are two specific tracks to choose from as an MDM student:
- Design-Driven Innovation – for professionals of any discipline looking to boost their impact with an astute understanding of how to leverage design and innovation methods within their organization.
- Design Strategy – for seasoned design professionals looking to enhance and extend their ability to address the complexities of today’s design challenges.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Fashion Design View 434 other Masters in Design in United States
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and are required to submit transcript(s), full mark sheets, and degree/diploma certificates from each institution attended, regardless of whether or not a degree was earned, as well as three letters of recommendation, a portfolio, statement of interest, and a resume or curriculum vitae.
- At least five years of professional experience is required. ID considers full-time internships, volunteer work, and freelance projects as formal work experience. TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for any applicant with an undergraduate degree from an institution where the primary language of instruction is not English. We do not require a GRE or GMAT score for any application. However, if you have a score you would like to submit we are happy to include that in your application evaluation. We will accept either the GRE or the GMAT.
International1614 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1614 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1614 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1614 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.