We offer a master degree in Geography at University of Waterloo. We boast 35 faculty members with research expertise in a wide range of human geography, physical geography, geomatics and aviation topics.
- The Department is twinned at the graduate level with the Wilfrid Laurier University's Geography and Environmental Studies department, and the resulting “Waterloo-Laurier Graduate Program in Geography” offers the combined faculty, staff and research resources of two quality institutions.
- We offer three thesis master’s degrees (MA, Master of Environmental Studies (MES), and MSc) and three coursework-based degrees (MA, MES, and Master of Climate Change (MCC)).
Graduate research fields
- Environmental and Resource Management
- Human Geography
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography View 45 other Masters in Geography in Canada
- An honours undergraduate degree or equivalent with at least a 75% average. Normally, the undergraduate degree will be in Geography, but applications are welcomed from superior students regardless of background. However, students must demonstrate that they have the necessary background to pursue graduate work in their field of specialization.
- Three academic references
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
International14508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7254 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National4508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2254 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.