The areas of political communication, political leadership, strategy, crisis management, political branding, and public relations are all the leading vocational aspects of a developed academic understanding of politics and international relations, and it is an area of growing importance that distinguishes BSIS graduates as policy-relevant, engaged thinkers in the political arena.
Politics is not merely about power. Sophisticated politics involves communication, strategy and manipulation of the political agenda. Whether it be a political leader motivating people to follow, a government seeking allies for a policy in the international arena, a campaigner mobilizing supporters, or a high-priced corporate lobbyist explaining a client’s policy to legislators, all political ideas ultimately depend on them being communicated to an intended audience, with precision, efficiency and above all credibility.
For many students, coming to Brussels is a great opportunity to seek out internship and job opportunities. There is a wealth of opportunities in the city to gain valuable work experience in the institutions, organisations and companies in Brussels which could potentially lead to a career post graduation.
At the Political Strategy and Communication from University of Kent - Brussels School of International Studies, students have access to the services of Key2advance, a dedicated careers service that provides students with assistance in developing skills and accessing the international job market. The weekly career workshops cover all aspects of the job market starting with rewriting your CV and cover letters to learning networking skills. This leads to a networking event during the Autumn Term that allows students to meet and network with employers and alumni.
- Political Communication
- Political Strategy
- Negotiation and Mediation
- Foreign Policy Analysis
- Advocacy and Campaigning
- Public International Law
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no fixed application deadline for home/EU students, though we strongly recommend you apply no later than three months before the start date.
90 ECTS or 120 ECTS
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 24 other Masters in International Relations in Belgium
- Students should hold a bachelor degree for entry to this Master's degree.
- We accept a wide range of subjects for entry and you do not need to have necessarily studied Political Science or law previously. Typical first degrees of our students include Economics, History, Classics, Languages, Philosophy, Geography & Psychology (among others).
- The standard of the degree will normally be at least an Upper Second Class Honours degree from countries such as the UK, Ghana, Nigeria or Kenya, or a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 under the American system from an accredited institution or equivalent. We do review candidates application on a case by case basis and extensive work experience may compensate for a slightly lower degree result.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and you can find the general entry requirements for some countries on the University’s main website.
International19300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19300 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA19300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19300 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
The annual tuition for the standard programme:
- Full-time: €19,300 (UK/EU) / €19,300 (Overseas) Part-time: €9,650 (UK/EU) / €9,650 (Overseas)
The total tuition fees for the extended programme:
- Full-time: €27,100 (UK/EU) / €27,100 (Overseas)
Living costs for Brussels
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.