The EU is studied in its different dimensions, such as foreign policy, security and external relations law, but also from an outsider’s perspective in a context of global change and regional instability.
The EU External Relations programme from University of Kent - Brussels School of International Studies draws heavily on the presence of the EU and other institutions in the proximity of the Brussels School of International Studies (BSIS) and builds on the tradition of inviting high-level diplomats to share their views with students. Key modules are taught by leading experts in the field from both the Brussels and Canterbury campuses of the University of Kent.
By taking an interdisciplinary and critical look at the EU’s international role, this MA programme prepares students well for careers in diplomacy, research and employment in diverse organisations that deal with the external dimension of the EU.
For many students, coming to Brussels is a great opportunity to seek out internship and job opportunities. There is a wealth of opportunities in the city to gain valuable work experience in the institutions, organisations and companies in Brussels which could potentially lead to a career post graduation.
At the Brussels School of International Studies, students have access to the services of Key2advance, a dedicated careers service that provides students with assistance in developing skills and accessing the international job market. The weekly career workshops cover all aspects of the job market starting with rewriting your CV and cover letters to learning networking skills. This leads to a networking event during the Autumn Term that allows students to meet and network with employers and alumni.
- European Foreign and Security Policy
- EU International Relations Law
- Europe and Global Change
- Foreign Policy Analysis
- Russia in International Affairs
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , International
There is no fixed application deadline for home/EU students, though we strongly recommend you apply no later than three months before the start date.
90 ECTS or 120 ECTS
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies Political Science View 27 other Masters in Political Science in Belgium
- Students should hold a bachelor degree for entry to this Master's degree.
- The standard of the degree will normally be at least an Upper Second Class Honours degree from countries such as the UK, Ghana, Nigeria or Kenya, or a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 under the American system from an accredited institution or equivalent.
- We do review candidates application on a case by case basis and extensive work experience may compensate for a slightly lower degree result.
International18850 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18850 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA18850 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18850 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- Full-time: €18850 (UK/EU) / €18850 (Overseas) Part-time: €9425 (UK/EU) / €9425 (Overseas)
- Full-time: €26500 (UK/EU) / €26500 (Overseas)
Living costs for Brussels
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- University and external funds
- Scholarships specific to the academic school delivering this programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.