Under growing pressure from environmental impacts, resource constraints and increased demand from a developing world, global energy systems are shifting towards a more sustainable energy future. Channel your passion for energy, engineering, and the environment and equip yourself with the skills required to engage in this global energy transformation with an online master’s in Engineering - Sustainable Systems Engineering at the University of Wisconsin Madison.
How You’ll Benefit
- The SSE program builds on the strengths of UW–Madison as a leader in engineering, energy and environmental sciences.
- Students in the SSE program are attracted to this field for a variety of reasons. Some are looking to advance within their existing organization and want to gain additional knowledge and skills. Others are looking to pursue their personal missions and break into renewable energy or energy efficiency industries such as energy service companies, energy efficiency consulting, renewable energy design, utilities, public service or start-up firms.
- When you complete the program, you will not only have an understanding of tomorrow’s clean energy principles, but you will understand the structure of today’s conventional energy systems, positioning yourself as a navigator in the ongoing clean energy transition.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Competencies of Sustainability
- Sustainable Approaches to System Improvement
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Energy Resources
- Environmental Sustainability Tools
- Engineering and Design
- Sustainable Facilities
- Electromechanical Energy Conversion
- Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Fall: late applications accepted through July 1
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 345 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a program accredited by the ABET or the equivalent
- A minimum undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International applicants must have a degree comparable to an approved U.S. bachelor’s degree
- GRE is not required
International13000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
National13000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
In-State13000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
$1,300 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.