About The Sport Management Program at Florida State University
In the thesis track, students learn more about the research process and focus in-depth on a particular topic about the sport industry. Those seeking to develop a particular expertise in a certain topic area and/or those with the future goal of pursuing doctoral studies are encouraged to apply for the thesis track. Individuals must complete the approval process noted in the department’s Graduate Handbook to be eligible for the thesis track.
In the non-thesis track, you will have the opportunity to complete additional course work focusing on your specific interests, and you will also complete a practical experience. Practical experiences, or internships, provide you with the opportunity to apply knowledge you have learned in “real-life” settings, and to experience working in the sport industry.
The sport industry has many opportunities for bachelor’s and master’s degree graduates interested in professional sports, college or high school sports, elite amateur athletics, community sport programming, sport in the corporate sector and sport for development – just to name a few. As the sport industry continues to grow, new career opportunities are becoming available in areas such as business, recreation, facility, and event management. Sport professionals find themselves in a unique and rewarding industry that crosses paths with many other industries.
- Strategic Management for Sport Organizations Spring/Summer
- Marketing Sport
- Sport and the Media Fall
- Issues in Sport Law
- Professional Development in Sport
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Sports Management Sports Sciences View 571 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Florida State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- For application to the master’s degree program: A bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA – An earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or a comparable degree from an international institution, with a minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade point average (GPA) in all coursework attempted while registered as an upper-division undergraduate student working towards a bachelor’s degree.
- For application to the doctoral degree program: A master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Transcripts– Applicants must submit an official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each college and/or university attended to the Office of Admissions.
International39960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 12 months.
National39960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State17244 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 479 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Tallahassee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.