The Environmental Geochemistry program at Colorado School of Mines is a non-thesis master’s degree program administered by the Geochemistry program, and may be completed as part of a combined degree program by individuals already matriculated as undergraduate students at Mines, or by individuals already holding undergraduate or advanced degrees and who are interested in a graduate program that does not have the traditional research requirement. The program consists primarily of coursework in geochemistry and allied fields, with an emphasis on environmental applications. No research is required though the program does allow for independent study, professional development, internship and cooperative experience.
Each entering student will have an entrance interview with members of the Geochemistry faculty. Each department recognizes that entering students may not be proficient in both areas. A placement examination in geology and/or chemistry may be required upon the discretion of the interviewing faculty. If a placement examination is given, the results may be used to establish deficiency requirements. Credit toward a graduate degree will not be granted for courses taken to fulfill deficiencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Environmental Chemistry
- Aqueous Geochemistry
- Mineralogy and Crystal Chemistry
- Hydrothermal Geochemistry
- Geochemical Thermodynamics and Kinetics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Environmental Sciences View 688 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A candidate for an MS or PhD in the EBGC degree track should have an undergraduate science or engineering degree with coursework including multivariable calculus, two semesters each of physics and chemistry, and one semester each of biology and earth science. Applicants who do not fulfill these requirements may still be admitted, but will need to undergo an entrance interview to establish deficiency requirements. Credit toward a graduate degree will not be given for undergraduate courses taken to fulfill deficiencies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International38466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38466 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National38466 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38466 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State17154 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17154 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Golden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.