The Finance program from Western Sydney University is for ambitious and savvy individuals who want advanced academic rigour but thrive on practical learning that is immediately applicable in the workplace – and directly relevant to future career roles.
Western Sydney University is a member of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute’s Educational Partnership Program in Australia and the Asia Pacific. The curriculum of this comprehensive, advanced degree overlaps with material in the CFA program.
This course provides you with the specialist technical knowledge and critical skills necessary to operate effectively in ever-changing local and global markets. You’ll also add quantitative analysis to you skillset, giving you a competitive edge when applying for senior management positions.
To prepare you for an executive career in finance, banking, property investment and corporate treasuries, core units of this degree include Financial Modelling, Financial Institutions & Markets, Funds Management & Portfolio Selection, Derivatives, Security Analysis & Portfolio Theory, and Corporate Finance. You can then choose four additional units that best reflect your interests and ambitions.
As a finance graduate, you can look forward to career opportunities in:
- Funds management
- Property investment
- Corporate treasuries
When you graduate, you will be eligible for accreditation as a Senior Associate (SA Fin) of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia. You will also be eligible to become a Certified Finance and Treasury Professional with the Finance and Treasury Association.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Financial Modelling
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- Funds Management and Portfolio Selection
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Theory
- Corporate Finance
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Marketing View 131 other Masters in Finance in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Code: 048971G
- Applicants must have successfully completed an undergraduate degree, or higher, in a business discipline
- Successfully completed an undergraduate degree, or higher, in any discipline AND have a minimum of two years full-time equivalent managerial/professional work experience
- Successfully completed an undergraduate degree, or higher, in any discipline AND have a minimum eight years full-time equivalent general work experience.
- Applicants seeking admission on the basis of work experience MUST support their application with a Statement of Service for all work experience listed on the application.
International31720 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31720 AUD per year during 18 months.
National29920 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29920 AUD per year during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.