Accountants are in high demand for the crucial data they provide to help businesses plan operations and monitor performance. The field of accounting requires individuals to have a broad perspective of technical, managerial and social policy issues, strong mathematical competence, as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Students can complete the Accounting program of the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee in just one year as a full-time student, or they can add a full-time internship and complete the program in 15 months. Our students are sought after by all size CPA firms, companies, government, and non-profit organizations. Why? Because employers appreciate that our graduates blend diverse undergraduate studies with a high-quality accounting master’s program that is directly focused on the precise demands of the CPA exam.
With a strong combination of professional and academic experience, the accounting, taxation, and business law faculty at the Lubar School are well known for their commitment to helping students succeed in their studies and preparing them for the accounting profession. The practice of accounting is ever-changing. To stay on top of new developments, Lubar accounting faculty are CPA-certified in the profession and closely connected with public and corporate accounting professionals. As PhD-qualified faculty, they also collaborate with other research scholars on current topics in financial accounting, managerial accounting, non-profit accounting, auditing, individual and corporate taxation, business law, and corporate governance.
- Income Tax Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Advanced Financial Accounting Theory
- Business Consolidations and Governmental Accounting
- Strategic Cost Management
- Auditing Theory and Applications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting Financial Mathematics View 716 other Masters in Accounting in United States
- A grade point average of 3.0 and above is expected. (Many international 3-year bachelor’s degrees are accepted as equivalent to the U.S. 4-year bachelor’s degree.)
- The program accepts both GMAT and GRE. The minimum scores for admission are: GRE: 305 (verbal + quantitative scores),Quantitative score of 149, Verbal score of 142 for international students; GMAT: 500 total, Quantitative score of 36, Verbal score of 17 for international students
- International students without a U.S. degree must take TOEFL or equivalent. Minimum TOEFL score for admission: Traditional: 550, IBT: 79. Minimum IELTS score for admission: 6.5
- We will consider applications that do not meet these criteria in special situations.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12219 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12219 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Milwaukee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.