The Master of Science program in Civil Engineering offered by Florida International University is offered to prepare qualified students for the professional practice of civil engineering.
The degree is available in a thesis or non-thesis program. The thesis program entails a minimum of six credits for the successful completion of the research and thesis. The non-thesis program must be supported by the successful completion of a project and a report of substantial engineering content for a minimum of three credits. A non-thesis, all-course option is also available.
The mission of the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering (CEE) at Florida International University is to teach, conduct research, and serve the community through professional development and technology transfer.
All academic programs of Florida International University are approved by the Florida Board of Education, the FIU Board of Trustees and the Florida Board of Governors. The university is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
- Design of Highway Bridges
- Topics in Wind Engineering
- Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design
- Groundwater Hydrology
- Structural Dynamics
- Design of Tall Buildings
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 1741 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- At least a “B” average in upper level undergraduate work
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or a related field from an accredited institution
- International graduate student applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit a score for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of objectives in which, in addition to other information, the intended concentration must be clearly stated
- A resume including contact information, education and employment history, practical and research experiences (such as projects and publications), skills and other pertinent information
International18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9015 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8202 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4101 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for West Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.