The Geotechnical Engineering course from University of Dundee builds on the Division's renowned research expertise and industrial collaborations in current aspects of geotechnical engineering, including:
- Offshore engineering (incl. Oil and Gas, Marine Renewables & Aquaculture)
- Foundation design
- Earthquake engineering
- Ground improvement
The course is supported by the Scottish Aquaculture Innovation Centre in the form of full scholarships with industry-linked projects, recognising the importance of geotechnical engineering to key sectors of the Scottish economy.
Key reasons include:
- Better preparation for successful careers in industry, commerce or academia
- Development of fundamental skills in analytical and numerical modelling in geotechnical, structural and soil-structure interaction areas
- Development of skills, knowledge and understanding in a range of topical specialist fields
- Participation in the research activities of a world-class department
- A wide range of research projects are available in any of the following areas: offshore engineering (foundations, anchors, pipelines and offshore processes), marine engineering for aquaculture, earthquake engineering (foundations during earthquakes, liquefaction, faulting), foundation engineering and ground improvement. Some of these projects will be linked to industry
CareersThere is a continuing demand for civil engineers particularly in the energy and water sectors and the skills of the civil engineer are highly portable in the multi-disciplinary engineering sectors.We are proud of our achievements in graduate employment. The blend of science, technology and management education and training gained in a unique learning environment that is both challenging and friendly, makes our graduates attractive to employers in civil engineering and a wider range of sectors.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods and Diploma Project
- Health, Safety & Environmental Management
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Offshore Geotechnical Engineering
- Advanced Soil Mechanics and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Materials Science & Engineering View 97 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
You should normally have, or expect to have an honours degree at 2.2 or above, or equivalent professional or overseas qualifications, in a relevant academic discipline.
International21950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7650 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.