The capstone of the Business Analytics programme from York University is an Analytics Consulting Project in which students will spend two terms working with real data in service to the community. Mirroring real-world “Big Data Competitions,” students will complete a hands-on, problem-driven analytics project and develop applicable business solutions using the resources of the state of the art Deloitte Cognitive Analytics and Visualization Lab. They will directly interface with industry leaders and develop both technical and organizational expertise.
The Schulich Master of Business Analytics will provide you with the technical, quantitative expertise and strategic mindset to support data-driven business decision-making.
With increased data available via new technologies, many industries such as banking, healthcare, retail and e-commerce are acknowledging the importance of analytics and hiring specialized professionals to analyze big data, create value and drive decision-making.
As part of your MBAN career services you will also have access to the Centre for Career Design (CCD) and online access to year round job postings, career tools as well as corporate information sessions and CCD run events.
The MBAN is recognized by the Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence as delivering a curriculum that equips its graduates with the skills and competencies sought by industry. All MBAN students are eligible for Vector Institute Scholarships valued at $17,500.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Visual Analytics and Modelling
- Big Data Fundamentals and Applications
- Data Science
- Realizing Value From Ai and Analytics in Organizations
- Predictive Modelling
- Project Management
- Analytics Consulting Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics Business Information Systems View 18 other Masters in Business Information Systems in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A four-year undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work in one of the following subjects: Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or Science.
- Undergraduate degree holders in other subject areas (Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts, Education etc.) will be considered if they have completed a significant number of university courses in relevant topics (see list below). Successful applicants will have completed at least one university course on a listed topic, in two of the following categories.
- Work Experience - Post-degree work experience is recommended but not required.
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions
- GMAT/GRE not required
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International56082 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28041 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National35990 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17995 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.