Applicants should have an interest in construction cost management and the motivation to pursue an intensive route to professional qualifications. Course content covers the skills required of the practicing quantity surveyor.
Three supplementary modules at the beginning of the course bring you up to speed in relation to construction technology, law and contract documentation and administration before you embark on the masters level modules. These supplementary modules are a distinguishing feature of the course and are highly valued by students and their employers.
We’re the number one London modern university for overall score in Building (Complete University Guide 2021).
We offer different course options, depending on your circumstances:
- If you hold an undergraduate Surveying degree, you should apply for the ‘Surveying graduates’ route as you will study fewer modules; your previous study will be taken into account.
- If you do not hold an undergraduate Surveying degree, you should apply for our ‘Conversion’ course
- For either of the above routes, you can opt to study either a full Masters qualification or a PGDip (without dissertation) qualification. Please note: Postgraduate loan funding via Student Finance England, is only available for students taking full Masters courses without any module exemptions. PGDip courses are ineligible for this scheme.
Features of the Quantity Surveying course from London South Bank University
- RICS accredited (PGDip) award in 2 semesters for full-time students or 4 semesters for part time students
- Option to achieve a PGDip award, take a break of up to 2 years, and return to do a 'top-up' Masters
- Emphasis on the business skills required in quantity surveying practice
- Contributions to programme from practitioners
- An expanding Alumni Association that provides you with excellent networking opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Project evaluation
- Construction contract administration
- Construction law
- Procurement and management of construction
- Economics and finance for construction
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- PgDip: 120/180 credits
- MSc: 180/240 credits
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 887 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum of a 2:1 Honours degree, the subject area does not matter as number of students undertake the course as part of a career change
- A minimum of a 2:1 Honours degree in a Surveying subject, or
- Corporate membership of a professional body concerned with property or construction, for example, CIOB, RIBA, RTPI, CIOH or other relevant body of equal standing.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10180 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10180 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK fee: £2195
- International fee: £3311
- UK fee: £6786.66
- International fee: £9933.33
- UK fee: £2262.22
- International fee: £3422.22
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.