The field is advancing rapidly and its applications continue to expand in areas of great societal value. In recent years computer vision has changed the way we view the world.
Some examples of Computer Vision applications include image-based Internet searches, street-view related applications, robotics, face recognition for social networks, safety systems on vehicles, visual product identification and searches, human-computer interfaces for visual communication and gaming, disease diagnostics using medical imaging, visual inspection of machine parts, visual crop quality assessment, etc .
The Carnegie Mellon University mission is to create a transformative educational experience for students focused on deep disciplinary knowledge; problem solving; leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills; and personal health and well-being.
To cultivate a transformative university community committed to :
- attracting and retaining diverse, world-class talent;
- creating a collaborative environment open to the free exchange of ideas, where research, creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship can flourish
- ensuring individuals can achieve their full potential.
To impact society in a transformative way — regionally, nationally, and globally — by engaging with partners outside the traditional borders of the university campus.
- Computer Vision
- Mathematical Fundamentals for Robotics
- Machine Learning
- Visual Learning and Recognition
- Approved Elective Course
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- The application portal will be open from mid-August to mid-December
DisciplinesVisual Arts Computer Sciences View 1103 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate (B.S. or equivalent) in engineering, computer science or applied mathematics REQUIRED
- Standardized Test Completion
- General GRE REQUIRED
- TOEFL / IELTS (foreign students only) REQUIRED
- Application Materials
- Statement of Purpose (1 to 2 pages)
- Undergraduate/Graduate (as applicable) Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation (3 REQUIRED)
International51840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51840 USD per year during 16 months.
National51840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51840 USD per year during 16 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.