The Political Economy MA program from Carleton University focuses on investigating the relationship between the economy and politics as they affect the social and cultural life of societies and also focuses on the historical processes whereby social change is located in the interaction of the economic, political, cultural, and ideological moments of social life.
The curriculum includes courses with a political economy orientation offered by other departments, schools, and institutes.
Faculty Research Highlights
- Political economy of resource extraction
- Water, food, environment
- Latin America, Africa, Canada
- Labour and social activism
- Feminist political economy
Our graduates are pursuing successful careers in governmental and non-governmental organizations, development agencies, trade unions and policy institutes. Alumni of our master’s program have also gone on to do doctoral work at universities located around the world.
- Theories of Political Economy
- The Methodology of Political Economy
- Selected Problems in Political Economy
- Tutorial in Political Economy
- Placement in Political Economy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Political Science View 77 other Masters in Economics in Canada
- A four-year bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with at least a B+ average in a relevant discipline.
International17317 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17317 CAD per year during 24 months.
National6615 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6615 CAD per year during 24 months.
- National: $6,515 (2nd year)
- International: $17,317 (2nd year)
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.