The Screenwriting program offered by the Tampere University of Applied Sciences is hands-on and workshop oriented. Classes are based on student’s own material as a work-in-progress. Reflective and critical approach is practiced throughout the programme. Understanding audience psychology in relation to the film viewing experience is emphasised. Professional mentors supervise periods of independent work and you will complete one feature length film script or a concept for tv-series and a script of at least two episodes during your studies.
Links to the global film and TV industry provide opportunities to network with key people and to have feedback on your work; to learn the demands the industry makes on writers; to be at the cutting edge of changes and developments in the industry; and to develop mentoring relationships that may persist beyond the programme.
Besides writing for the film or television industry, you may build a career in other satellite professions such as producer, script editor, storyliner, and script consultant.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The studies can be completed within one year alongside work as blended learning. The extent of the programme is 60 ETCS credits, consisting of professional studies (30 credits) and Master's thesis (30 credits).
- For the professional studies, there are two modules: 1. Forms and Genres 2. Storytelling and the Moving Image. The first module covers ideating, conceptualising, pitching, outlining and step-outlining story as well as developing character arch and making use of turning points, understanding screenplay structure composed of acts, sequences and scenes and using film and screenplay analysis as screenwriter's tool.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Creative Writing
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The next addmission period for Master's deree in Screenwriting will be December 2022 - January 2023, exact dates and schedule will be given later.
- Carefully read through the general eligibility criteria and the programme-specific eligibility criteria and see whether you meet them.
- For additional questions on applying, application documents and application process, please contact our Admissions office.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tampere
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.