The Building and Architectural Engineering programme at the Politecnico Di Milano offers two tracks with specific characteristics:
- Architectural Engineering (offered in Lecco), giving students the ability to manage – and take part in – the integrated design process of complex construction projects;
- Building Engineering (offered in Milano Leonardo), giving students the ability to design, model and predict the physical, mechanical and energy behaviour of complex building components and systems, services and structures.
Building and Architectural Engineering students can also apply for an internal Double Degree with Mechanical Engineering (offered in Lecco), acquiring skills in fields such as digital design and production, robotics, production systems, automation and controls, that are transforming the construction sector and the design and delivery of buildings.
The Building and Architectural Engineer is a professional that can effectively practice in complex, multi-disciplinary and multi-scale projects, and in particular in the following fields: design of complex new buildings, in particular in the areas of technology, structures, energy efficiency and environmental quality; refurbishment and retrofit of existing buildings, in particular in the areas of technology, energy upgrade and structural consolidation; management of the multi-disciplinary, multi-scalar design process, with the help of specific design and information tools; technological innovation of building components and systems; advanced performance modelling of complex building components and systems, services and structures; management of global performances, with the goal of reducing the environmental impact of buildings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Building Physics
- Structural Design
- Sustainable Multidisciplinary Design Process
- History of Architecture
- Conservation, Building Renovation
- Building Services
- Advanced Building Physics
- Advanced Construction
- Structural Analysis
- Advanced Building
- Envelope Components Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction View 15 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Civil or Building Engineering. A Committee will evaluate students with a different background case by case.
- If the university qualification is not yet available at the moment of the application, an official provisional certificate can be provided.
- An official translation into Italian or English of the degree or of the provisional certificate is required in case the original document is in a language other than Italian, English, French or Spanish.
- Curriculum vitae is a written description of your work experience, educational background and skills. Maximum 2 pages long.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.