During this Communication Outreach program from Australian National University, you’ll spend 14 weeks of the year travelling to remote and regional areas of Australia presenting the Shell Questacon Science Circus to school children and teachers.
Find out more about science communication outreach, the degree structure, the university experience, career opportunities and student stories on our website.
Get the inside story on what it’s like to be an ANU student by visiting our student blog.
- Identify, apply and evaluate science communication strategies, with a particular focus on show and exhibition development for communicating to diverse, non-specialist audiences.
- Appraise and reflect upon the interaction of interests, contexts and people shaping science, including the social and ethical responsibilities of science and society in the modern world
- Work collaboratively and independently to apply cognitive, technical and creative skills in new and unfamiliar environments
- Develop appropriate qualitative and quantitative research tools and strategies to investigate, justify and interpret science communication theories, methods and conclusions
Employment OpportunitiesYou will have the opportunity to sample diverse careers at the interface of science and the community.
You could go on to join our graduates in roles such as presenting science-based TV and radio, writing for science publications; organising and performing in international events like the Edinburgh International Science Festival; managing social media for peak bodies, or communicating about health science and research for institutions.
- Exhibition design
- Speaking of science
- Ethics, issues and consequences of science
- Science and public policy
- Strategies in Science Communication
- Design and Process for the World Wide Web
- Science in the media
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Marketing Commerce View 328 other Masters in Business Administration in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A Bachelor Honours degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or international equivalent
- with an average GPA of at least 5/7, AND
- with at least 8 courses in cognate fields, AND
- with a successful assessment of suitability based on a supplementary form, two referee reports and interview/audition.
International47940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 47940 AUD per year during 12 months.
- All domestic undergraduate students, and some domestic postgraduate students, are Commonwealth supported.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.