Aims and Scope of Graduate Study in Medical Engineering
The goal of the Medical Engineering program at California Institute of Technology - Caltech is to close the gap between engineering and medicine. Our Medical Engineering research and education leverage Caltech’s strengths in engineering, applied science, and other fundamental fields, to apply emerging technological advances to medicine, and to create innovative diagnostic, monitoring, and therapeutic systems.
Our major tracks of research are: micro/nano medical technologies and devices, medical nanoelectronics, biomedical materials and biomechanics, fluidics and bioinspired design, and medical imaging and sensing.
- Clinical Physiology and Pathophysiology for Engineers
- Undergraduate Research in Medical Engineering
- Design and Construction of Biodevices
- Special Topics in Medical Engineering: Medical Polymers
- Research in Medical Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 382 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants whose first language or native language is not English are required to submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores with their applications.
- Three letters of recommendation are required
- Official transcripts
- Upload a CV or Resume
- Statement of Purpose
International56364 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56364 USD per year during 12 months.
National56364 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56364 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Pasadena
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.