As part of the course, you’ll study a range of modules on campus over one year full-time or two years part-time, including participation in the Brunel Simulated Intelligence Analysis Exercise (BASE) on a real-world subject. The MA will allow you to demonstrate your ability to complete a substantial piece of intelligence and securities research through a dissertation project.
Highly committed and enthusiastic tutors combine broad-ranging expertise in areas such as cryptography, computer networking, imagery, intelligence analysis, economics and law, with the knowledge, skills and understanding to develop your academic and professional potential.
You will be taught by one of the UK’s most innovative scholars in intelligence and security studies: an expert on covert action and military intelligence doctrine, a specialist in structured analytic techniques and a former senior military imagery analyst.
Careers and your future
The Intelligence and Security Studies at Brunel University London provides solid transferable skills in analysis and drafting, skills whose applicability cuts across a wide range of public and private pursuits.
Our students have had great success in seeking employment once they have completed their course.
Many have come from, and then continue to work for, government agencies in the UK and abroad — we have taught police, military, and other government officials from the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Finland, Norway, Belgium, Turkey, Japan, Jordan, the Philippines, Brunei, Thailand, Indonesia, Korea, Botswana and several other nations beside.
- Intelligence and Security Studies Dissertation
- Intelligence History: Failure and Success
- Contemporary Threats and Analytical Methodology
- Intelligence Concepts, Issues and Institutions
- Counterintelligence and Security
- Intelligence Analysis Foundations, Methods and Applications
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIT Security Terrorism & Security Cyber Security View 157 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
- A 2:2(or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, with an understanding of the realities of academic intelligence and security study and the frameworks within which intelligence and security operations work.
- Applicants with other qualifications or with relevant work related experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants will be interviewed by telephone or in person.
International19855 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19855 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9650 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK students: 4,825 GBP part-time
- International students: 9,925 GBP part-time
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.