The Psychology of Education course from The University of Manchester demonstrates how the core areas of psychology - developmental, social, cognitive, psychobiology, individual differences and research methods - can be applied in educational settings. It is therefore an excellent starting point for individuals wishing to pursue a career in educational psychology.
Please note that the MEd does not qualify you to practice as an educational psychologist. If you wish to practise as an educational psychologist, you will also need to complete the Doctorate in Educational and Child Psychology.
- experience an ethos of independent and co-operative learning and research;
- develop critical skills in the evaluation and analysis of current research, theory and practice in psychology and education;
- gain eligibility for Graduate Basis for Chartered Status from the British Psychological Society, the first step towards becoming a Chartered Psychologist.
Manchester Institute of Education graduates go on to shape education policy and practice through positions in NGOs and in the public and private sector. Potential careers include:
- teaching (primary, secondary and specialist settings);
- teacher education;
- educational administration;
- Current Issues in Special Education
- Social Psychology of Education
- Cognition and Education
- Research Issues in Psychology and Education
- Psychology of Human Developmen
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Educational Psychology View 274 other Masters in Educational Research in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree (minimum 2:1) or the overseas equivalent, in any discipline is required.
- Candidates who do not meet the minimum 2:1 entry requirement must demonstrate evidence of ability to study at master's level (eg by having already completed a master's degree in another discipline).
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK students (per annum): £5,000
- International, including EU, students (per annum): £10,000
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.