The Psychology (Conversion) programme of the University of Sunderland is a conversion course that is suitable for graduates who have not studied psychology as a first degree. Successful completion provides the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership by the British Psychological Society. The course is offered full-time over one year or part-time over two or three years.
At the end of the course, you could choose to undertake the further study that is required to become a chartered psychologist. Alternatively, your understanding of psychology will help you in sectors such as advertising, social work, public services, general management and human resources.
This conversion course is a way to move into a sector that offers both satisfying careers and excellent salary potential. On completion of this course you will be equipped to apply for the further postgraduate training that is required to become a chartered psychologist.
There are nine types of psychology in which it is possible to become chartered: clinical, educational, forensic, occupational, counselling, sport and exercise and health psychology, as well as neuropsychology and teaching/researching in psychology.
As an example of salaries, clinical psychologists within the NHS typically have a starting salary of around £30,000, progressing up to more than £80,000 for higher level posts. Salaries in private hospitals and private practice will vary.
Equally, the course prepares you for employment in a broad range of sectors. The insights, rigour and methodology of psychology are valued in roles in management, advertising, marketing, human resources, the police force, the prison service, social care, health services and teaching.
The course is accredited by the British Psychological Society.
- Everyday Motivations and Biases
- Experimental Design and Analysis in Psychology
- Non-experimental Design and Analysis in Psychology
- Cradle to Grave: Stability and Change
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 195 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
- We usually require applicants to hold at least a second class honours degree in any subject. This course is designed to be a conversion course for those who do not already hold the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society.
- The course is therefore not suitable if you have already achieved an honours degree in psychology.
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7250 GBP per year during 12 months.
- The part-time fee for this course is £403 per 10 credits.
Living costs for Sunderland
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.