Classroom activities, online learning and research experiences cover fundamentals of molecular biology, cell biology and immunology, as well as basic, translational and clinical aspects of diseases caused by important infectious pathogens, including HIV, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), malarial parasites, influenza virus and Zika virus.
Is the Infectious Disease program for me?
The Infectious Disease program of Drexel University is designed to prepare students for careers in infectious disease in government, industry and academic environments, and is ideally suited for enhancing the scientific credentials of:
- Recent college graduates
- Early career scientists
- Premedical students
- Industrial employees
- Clinical laboratory technicians
Course schedules and flexible learning options have been designed to accommodate all learners, including working professionals. INFD graduates have accepted positions in various biotechnology and pharmaceutical firms, and successfully competed for entry into PhD training programs.
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Biomedical Ethics
- Applied Statistics for Biomedical Sciences
- Immunology, Immunopathology and Infectious Diseases
- Fundamentals of Molecular Medicine
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 1027 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Drexel University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To be considered for admission into the Master of Science in Infectious Disease program, the applicant must have completed a four-year biology- or chemistry-related BA or BS degree program with undergraduate coursework in biology, microbiology, immunology, chemistry, biochemistry, mathematics and/or other related subjects. Although a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 is strongly desired, an applicant with a lower cumulative GPA will be considered if other strengths are apparent in the application.
International30744 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1708 USD per credit during 24 months.
National30744 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1708 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.