This Sports Coaching programme from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is our challenge and it enables us to produce postgraduates with a high degree of knowledge and understanding to innovate in their own practice. You’ll apply new skills in real world contexts across professional and amateur sport.
You’ll gain knowledge of leadership, communication, pedagogy, allied sport sciences and relevant management principles, all whilst working in an environment relevant to your developmental needs. The programme can be completed full time in one year or part time over 2-3 years.
Our graduates have gone on to gain positions within the public, private or voluntary sector of sport in a range of coach, coach development, coach education, coach mentoring, management and academic roles.
Examples of roles from our past graduates include:
- Lecturers at FE/HE colleges: Myerscough College, Burnley College, Accrington and Rossendale College.
- Football Coach / Coach Educator: Beijing International Junior Football League.
- Norwich City Community Sports Foundation: Football Coach.
- Head Coach Great Britain & England men's hockey team.
- Performance Analyst: Preston North End Football Club / Blackburn Rovers Football Club / Fleetwood Town Football Club.
- Cricket Coach at Twenty20 Cricket Company
- Multi Sports Coach/Sports Co-ordinator for National Deaf Children Society.
- Head Swim Coach / Coach Educator – North West Swimming.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analysis of Coaching and Performance
- Dissertation for Sport
- Research Methods for Sport
- Philosophy to Practice
- Contemporary Practice for Sport
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesSports Management Coaching Sports Sciences View 71 other Masters in Coaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold a 2:2 degree or equivalent professional experience or learning in a related field
- Applications from all candidates will be considered on their merits in the light of the nature and scope of the programme and if they have experience in the sports industry
- A detailed admissions procedure will be forwarded on application
- IELTS: Score of 6.5 with no component below 6.0
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time: £867 per 20 credits (UK)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.